Monday, August 23, 2010

Music Monday: The Navigators and Newfoundland

Hello cool cats!

I am still rocking out in St. John's, Newfoundland and as such have a quick but east coast feel to this week's Music Monday.

This is going to be a quick one - I do hope you have a fabulous week lined up!

Unfortunately I was not able to find a decent video of this song.  In all I did find, either the videographer or the musicians were MUCH too drunk to make the video worthwhile.  Typical Newfoundland style, I suppose.

This is my favourite Newfoundland song; the Newf has played it countless times since we met.  The pictures in the video were taken approximately four years ago by an individual called Kural.  You can view his YouTube Channel here.
For your Music Monday, I have selected "The Islander" by The Navigators.  Enjoy! 


After meeting countless Newfoundlanders, men, women and children I can tell you that this song rings true.  I know that my Newf would certainly fight to protect his province and I know that he goes bonkers in the city.

With the party over, tomorrow we head out for some photo ops and sightseeing.  It will be nice to have a relaxing day that is alcohol free.


In Newfoundland and completely smitten,

L  

No comments:

Post a Comment