Monday, June 27, 2011

Music Monday: I Promised You Disco

The last time we spoke, I promised you disco.

I have delivered.

After looking through scores of silly little disco songs, I settled on my tried and true - The Bee Gees. This song became an immediate favourite. I loved it before I knew it was popular, because baby, that's just how I roll.


So, um, tight pants. That's certainly an old take on "junk in the trunk".

When I was a child I loved this song SO much, I had to learn the lyrics. So, there I sat, the lyrics copied in my odd little handwriting, singing my heart out.

Be glad you missed it. I can't sing.

Point being, the lyrics have been emblazened into my brain and will remain that way for the rest of my life. Being a country girl, this bad boy track is a required feature at any good wedding, buck and doe, or any other event that includes a lot of liquor and a little bit of a crowd.

When it is blaring over the speakers, you can find me making rounds around the dance floor, shaking my swagger and singing this song.

What gets your rump shaking? Do you know the full lyrics to anything special?

Do you sing like no one is looking?

Creeping on (someone else's) computer,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment