Monday, October 25, 2010

Music Monday: Surviving the Election

Good morning!

IF you are living in Ontario, Canada, and IF you are over the age of 18 today is election day! All over the province people are lining up, ready to vote for the best candidate to run their village, town or village.

Today is municipal election day.

I love election day. I enjoy chatting with people at the polling stations and I especially love spending the evening on my couch with a bag of carrots in one hand and the remote in the other. Granted, the bag of carrots is relatively new (a big thanks to Veggie & Fruit Induction '10) and the remote is useless (the channel is not to be changed until the results are in) but it is always fun to see how things end up.

I've been lucky to live in an exciting riding; Canadian politicians can be so boring.

With all the big boys battling things out, I have what I believe to be a well-suited song.

Originally requested by a Mr. Sylvester Stallone, this song was written to replace Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust". Stallone could not get permission for the Queen tune so he had to switch gears.

Amazingly popular in the eighties (I guess there wasn't much going on) this video is wicked. How do you not love watching Mr. T crack someone, especially Sylvester Stallone?

Please, enjoy and rock out to "Eye of the Tiger" performed by Survivor.


At first the song-writer, a Mr. Jim Peterik, was going to name the song "Survival" (did you get the tie to the band name?). Eventually he smartened up and ended up with a hit.

What are your plans for today? Are you voting in an election? Do you have strong political views?

Marking my ballot,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment