Monday, November 29, 2010

Music Monday: I Feel Fine

How was your weekend my lovelies?

The Newf and I hit some major shopping locales and spent the day swamped with crowds.

I don't know how we made it out alive.

To celebrate the coming of the crazy Christmas consumer season I have something special up my sleeve.

I am sure you have heard this track before - it suitably makes mentioned of four apocalyptic references: earthquake (as in the opening of the sixth seal in the Book of Revelation and the Synoptic Gospels), birds (as in Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds and one character's reference to Old Testament scripture), snakes (an Ancient Egyptian god, Apep, was represented as a snake and made daily attempts to devour the sun) and aeroplane (a modern prospect of nuclear holocaust).

Bounce around, my beauties, to Great Big Sea's.'s It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine).


Great Big Sea does a cover of R.E.M.'s original version, but I like it (and the video) better. Let's face it, Canadian is a good way to go.

Do you battle the crazy crowds? Do you think the end is near? Or do you just avoid the Christmas shopping season?

The Newf says I'm paranoid. I say I'm ready.

Here's to avoiding the crazies,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment