Monday, February 7, 2011

Music Monday: Finding the Freak

Now my darlings, you didn't think I forgot about music this Monday, did you?

I wouldn't blame you if you did, but, I most certainly did not! It took a little soul searching, but I have the perfect piece for today. You see, I've been a little serious, morose, moody even (don't tell the Newf I said so).

I hate being serious (don't tell the Newf I said that either).

Just like Jenny From the Block, I need to remind myself of my roots. I need to get back to my original offbeat self. This song does just that.

Oh please, do not worry - I'm the carbohydrate to Ms. Lopez's protein (in that I eat lots of both). Today, I have the simply inspiring "Super Freak" by Rick James. Enjoy (and please, do dance)!


I'll tell you a little secret, I have school girl crushes on both Rick James and Mick Jagger. If you have never seen the Chappelle Show's skits with Rick James, HIGHLY suggest you check them out (even if you have to rent it). It's just that good.

Have a fabulous week, my favourite fruit loops!

Finding my inner freak,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment