Monday, August 16, 2010

Music Monday: Puddles, Mudd and Profanity

And a merry Monday to you, my readers!

Yeah (expletive) right. 

Oh, please pardon me.  It has been a week to forget and here I am, faced with yet another Monday.

I am still nursing my wounds from last week and certainly not ready for another.  This coming week will be a big one, I am headed to Newfoundland to meet  my in-laws!  This is likely a big part of the reason I am bat (expletive) crazy.

I digress - Monday is not about me, Monday is about music!  You will notice I have changed up the (expletive) format with a small addition.  This matches the tone of my mood and the title of today's music.

It seemed fitting, what with Mr. Steve Slater's infamous leave from his flight attendant employment at Jet Blue.  Read about it here and here.

Now, back to our miffed Monday music.

The song chosen for today chronicles the anger felt after a romantic break-up (or break down, depending on your mentality).  The best trivia piece about this song?  It was written in 1993, before the band made their big break.  Some silly girl had told the writer to get a job and quit his musical career.  She later apologized, in 2002, when the single was released and sold over 500,000 copies.  The album has sold over 3,800,000 copies.

How's that for payback?  Consider picking up the album - I am a big fan (and you will further prove this guy's point).

The song's name was changed to make it more radio and TV friendly but I am going to say it like the maker intended.  Take that as your "viewer discretion" warning.

Boys and girls, critters of all kinds, please join me in listening to Puddle of Mudd's "She Fucking Hates Me".



I think my all-time favourite characters are the exam-writing-boy and the electric janitor.  There is something to be said for an individual who can take a nasty thing and rock it.  

If you are to take anything from this debacle of a week, run with the idea that bad stuff happens but you can trump them with style.  Your (expletive) rocking style.




Muddy and mad,


L

No comments:

Post a Comment